Would you like to have food or drinks at your Society, Club or Group event?

Bake Sales Rules

Before you are allowed to have a Bake Sale within the Students' Association Building you must complete a Risk Assessment (here's an example you can use: Bake Sale Risk Assessment) it must include the named individual who has a Food Hygiene Certificate. A Food Hygiene Certificate can be obtained by completing an online course - there are a few providers to choose from and this is a LINK to one of them. Please note that each Club, Society or Group is limited to one bake sale per academic year.


BaxterStorey are the providers of all food, buffets, licenced bar or drinks receptions at GCU. They can provide everything from teas and coffees, soft drinks, sandwiches, full dinners and licenced bar. You can order catering for any room at GCU or Students' Association Building, including the Re:Union Bar & Grill.

To make an enquiry or order catering, please contact

Please give at least one weeks notice and provide the following information:

  • Date and Time of Event
  • Venue
  • Expected Numbers
  • Catering requirements

You don't need to pay in advance, all you need to make a booking is a Purchase Order Number, and you can get one of these from Level 2 of the Students' Association. Once your event has finished BaxterStorey send an invoice to the Students' Association and we pay the invoice from your account.



GCU Students' Association, 70 Cowcaddens Road, Glasgow, G4 0BA.

Tel: 0141 331 3886 | Email: | Messenger: