Is your affiliated club, society or group thinking about holding a film screening?
You normally need a Film Licence to show a film. We have a Film Licence. There are some rules you need to follow:
- Our Film Licence only covers showing films in certain areas of our building.
- No charge can be made, directly or indirectly, to see the film or for admission. Therefore members cannot be charged entry to film screenings, make a donation to at a charity event that shows a film or forced to buy membership for your club, society or group to watch the film.
- You must inform us the name of the film, for our records, that you tell us about when you book.
- You must be using your own legally UK sourced copy (bought or rented) of the Film on DVD or Blu-ray Disc only. The film must be a feature film, not a TV show or music programme.
- Under the licence, advertising is restricted to within the Students' Association Building. The permitted forms of advertising is normally through internal notice boards and posters within the Students' Association.
- You cannot show excluded films.
Please get in touch if you have any questions about this guidance or which to hold an activity outwith this guidance.