The Students’ Association sends out an email every second Wednesday to GCU students who have provided consent to receive research emails to ask them to assist other students in undertaking their academic research. Check that you are subscribing to the Research Emails (you will need to login using your GCU username and password).
The Students’ Association requires all GCU students to meet the following requirements in order for their research to be advertised:
- That the research requires potential responses from within the whole student population rather than just a particular group (eg your programme).
- That your academic supervisor supports the use of an all student email. Their support should come in the form of an email to studentresearch@GCUstudents.co.uk for our records. We will not send the email out before we receive this confirmation.
- Includes a meaningful subject line to attract potential respondents to the survey and enable those students who are not applicable or disinterested to ignore easily.
- Include a short paragraph outlining the research, including a contact name, email and any links.
- We cannot send emails out on behalf of academic staff.
The information collected on this form will be used in the Student Research Email sent to students.