Volunteers are at the heart of GCU Students’ Association as an organisation. We hope that you will enjoy your time volunteering within GCU Students’ Association. This is an agreement for all of our volunteering opportunities and not a contract of employment. It sets out exactly what you can expect from us, and what we can expect from you.
We expect you:
- To treat others with respect and courtesy.
- To perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability.
- To undertake the activities of your volunteer role description.
- To follow GCU Students’ Associations’ policies and procedures, including Health & Safety, Equality & Diversity, and Data Protection.
- To respond to our emails within a reasonable timeframe.
- To attend on time, or to give reasonable notice to cancel or rearrange meetings with staff members.
- To complete risk assessments for your events and activities within a reasonable timeframe.
- To let us know of any problems or difficulties you experience during your volunteering role.
- To attend relevant training for your role.
- Not to purchase any goods or services without speaking to the relevant staff member first.
- To let us know about any support or materials you may need from us for any event or campaign within a reasonable amount of time.
You can expect from us:
- To provide insurance for you and your activities, as long as you have followed our procedures.
- To always treat you with respect and courtesy.
- To support you in conducting Risk Assessments for your events and activities.
- Top training, support, and resources to help you get the most out of your volunteering role.
- To ensure you are never out of pocket due to your volunteering, providing that the expenses have been approved in advance by the appropriate staff member.
- To respond to your emails within a reasonable timeframe.
- To try and deal with complaints straight away, but if not, will keep you regularly informed on how we are dealing with it until resolved.
- To deliver any materials or support on time, as agreed with you.